Love is in the air! The one year anniversary of New Arrival Supper Club is here and we have stars in our eyes.
Celebrate Valentines Day with Miry's List and New Arrival Supper Club with a traditional Syrian dinner prepared with love by new arrival chefs, the Kanjo family of Syria.
- Family style Syrian dinner with multiple vegetarian options and dessert
- Welcome cocktail and wine and beer with dinner
- Entertainment of traditional Syrian folk dancing
- Meet and welcome our New Arrival chefs, Maaysa and Abdul Kanjo of Syria
- Service by New Arrival recipients of Miry's List program
- Toast from Miry, founder of Miry's List, on what this growing organization has accomplished in the past year and plans for 2018
Please note: All ticket tiers are the same the only difference is the price.
About the Kanjo Family
Maysaa and Abdul Kanjo are from Homs, Syria. In Syria, Abdul was a barber and owned a thriving hair salon. They stayed in their home as long as possible but after surviving terrible violence and destruction in their hometown, it was clear it had become too unsafe to stay. They fled Syria in 2012 with their four children and stayed in Jordan. After a nearly 4 year wait, Maysaa and Abdul were finally awarded resettlement in the US and relocated to Southern California in 2016.
The Kanjo family is adjusting and building their new life here in America. Their children are succeeding in LA public school and Abdul and Maaysa have learned to read and write English through intensive ESL classes that they take each morning.
While they miss the family and friends they left behind terribly, Maysaa and Abdul are motivated to succeed in the United States. They are amazing chefs and have started to cater a variety of events through the New Arrival Supper Club with Miry's List. They love sharing the amazing cuisine and Syrian culture with their new neighbors.
100% of proceeds go to Miry's List and our new arrival chefs and staff